Insights from Thought Leaders
In this podcast, Assoc Prof Marko Pitesa discusses his research which found that people are less willing to help each other at work when the economic outlook darkens. This is due to a behaviour termed ‘zero-sum construal of success’ - a view that one person’s success requires someone else to fail. Assoc Prof Pitesa highlights how managers can strengthen workforce cohesion to mitigate this behaviour.
Nov 2016In this podcast, Asst Prof of Law Chen Siyuan unravels insights about why some of the existing concerns about drones may be overstated, and discusses drone regulations around the world. He also proposes legislative tweaks that provide a better balance.
Research@SMU and Its Impact
28 Oct 2016SMU Assistant Professor Lee Youngki uses mobile sensing technology to study how people communicate with each...
27 Oct 2016As online security becomes more complex, we need to look beyond text-based user authentication to keep the ‘...
27 Oct 2016In defamation cases, SMU Associate Professor Gary Chan believes that a declaration of falsity should be one...
27 Oct 2016Rapid growth is causing unprecedented transformations in the social fabric and market structure of rural...
SMU President shares his directions and strategies towards realising SMU Vision 2025.
Research Excellence across Management, Social Science & Technology.
Watch a video on SMU PhD Student-Faculty Interaction.
Ranked 3rd globally and 1st in Asia by Financial Times.
Areas of Excellence
Analytics for Business, Consumer & Social Insights
- Big data is the new norm of and the capabilities of new technologies make new insights possible.
Finance & Financial Markets
- Financial markets are vital to enabling business creation and expansion. SMU hosts 17 competencies and real-world test beds related to financial markets.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- In global markets, innovation is the foundation of economic growth and entrepreneurship provides the necessary mobilization for economic value creation.
Urban Management & Sustainability
- Developing innovative solutions to efficient resource planning and allocation for enhanced urban mobility and operations.
Ageing & Healthcare Management
- Bringing together the best researchers in ageing to help Singapore prepare for its ageing population.